Lotus Pose helps to stretch the hips, legs, and knees, and also promotes inner-peace and calm.
**Remember to practice breathing deep breaths and see if you can hold each pose for 4-5 breaths, if you are comfortable doing so. Make sure to invite your grown-ups to watch you do the pose. You can also practice repeating one of Wuf Shanti’s Mantras while you do the pose because part of yoga is also to clear your mind and think happy thoughts. Most importantly, remember to have fun and be gentle with yourself!
Mantra: Think Well to Be Well.
- Sit on the ground and cross your legs in front of you.
- Practice bringing one foot in at a time to rest it on your inner thigh.
- If you are more comfortable, you can sit with your legs crossed.
- Place your hands on your knees with your palms facing the sky.
- Take a slow deep breath, in through your nose, and out through your mouth.
- Focus on something nice in front of you, and think happy thoughts.