Learn About Wuf Shanti
Giving gratitude and thinking well. A yogic-minded lifestyle for children.
This company started with a little boy’s illustrations and his dream to make a difference in the world. His compassion inspired us to want to share his character, Wuf Shanti, with children across the planet, in the hopes of guiding them down a path of peace and positivity.
Wuf Shanti is an adorable dog yoga character that travels the world and shares with children through yoga, fun, and great music, how to live mindfully, think like a yogi, look on the bright side of life, be kind to others, and live in gratitude. If we can teach children when they are young more productive ways of dealing with their emotions, then hopefully they will grow up to be more empathetic, less depressed and anxious teenagers, and more content, happier peace-loving adults.
Wuf Shanti promotes health, wellness, and happiness in children, and encourages peace and positivity. Yoga is often considered in the west to be simply a physical activity to increase flexibility, and although that is a beautiful and necessary element of the practice, it runs so much deeper than that. The true practice of Yoga is bringing it off of the mat and into the world. Thinking like a yogi is an integral part of living in health and happiness. Science has shown that positive thinking, yoga, and mediation help the healing process.
We are so grateful that the Children’s Television Network is distributing the Wuf Shanti videos to their children’s hospitals across the nation, which will allow us to help kids smile and heal, and also that local PBS stations have picked up the videos as well, which will allow us to reach many millions of children, and help a difference in the world.
Wuf Shanti’s creator is [now] a 13 year-old boy that believes in peace, love, kindness, gratitude, and thinking well. Wuf Shanti started out as a child’s project, and is now a “real” character that came to life. Wuf Shanti loves all children, regardless of where they are from, what nationality or religion or race they are, and promotes peace and love. We are passionate about our belief that the world will be a brighter place if we can teach children to Think Well to Be Well. It is very important to us to help children live a healthier, mindful life, and maybe we help heal the world, one child at a time.
Our live mascot visits children hospitals, nursing homes, schools, yoga studios, festivals, etc. In addition to this website, we also have Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages, which we invite you to follow, a YouTube channel we invite you to subscribe to (for free), books, coloring books, t-shirts, stuffed animals, yoga mats, and a free mobile app coming soon.
We believe in giving back to the community, so a portion of our proceeds go toward charities that support children, animals, the environment, and the planet as a whole. Thank you for joining us on this journey of giving gratitude and thinking well, and sharing this yogic-minded lifestyle for children.
To teach the next generation how to think positively and look on the bright side of life, how to appreciate what is good, and to spread love and peace.
Positivity: A world in which children are encouraged at a young age to Think Well so that they grow up to be positive well-adjusted adults.
Inclusion and Diversity: A world in which young children learn to love and appreciate each other, no matter where they come from or what nationality, color, or religion they are.
The Planet: A world in which children appreciate the environment and help take care of it.
Peace and Love: A world in which young children are taught to respect each other and forge friendships that go beyond race and nationality.
Gratitude: A world in which children appreciate the Universe and learn to live a mindful, holistic, and joyous life.
Our Core Values:
Giving Back: We believe in giving back to the community. A portion of our proceeds go toward charities that support children, animals, the environment, and the planet as a whole.
To see a list of charities we have supported, please visit the Resources page.
Promoting Health, Wellness, and Happiness, and Encouraging Peace and Positivity: We strive to share educational entertainment so that children can have fun while learning about yoga, meditation, and positive thinking.
Being Mindful and Living in Gratitude: It is important to us to guide others towards peace, kindness, & unity. The world can be a complex place for kids (and even adults) to understand, and we strive to focus on positivity, provide a balance of hope and love, and make a positive difference in the world.
Organic: Our shirts are made by WeGo-Kids, and most of our clothing is 100% Organic Cotton. By using these types of products, we are happy to know that our carbon footprint is low. If a shirt is not 100% organic, we will let you know in the shirt’s description.
(1) To teach the next generation to live in peace & gratitude, spread kindness, alleviate stress, & deal with emotions in a productive ways so they grow up to be happier loving content adults,
(2) To help children learn to think positively on a daily basis because science has shown that yoga, meditation, & positive thinking can help the healing process, and
(3) To reach the kids when they are young in an effort to heal our planet.
1. Wuf Shanti is a recipient of the prestigious Mom’s Choice Award and named among the best in family-friendly media, products, & services.
2. The Children’s Television Network is distributing Wuf Shanti short videos to all their children’s hospitals across the Nation! This is the in-house station in children’s hospitals, part of the Children’s Miracle Network. They only accept positive programming that can help the kids heal. CTN is now international as well, streaming on Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, XBox, and PlayStation! https://childrenstvnetwork.channelbrandnetworks.com/channel-details/wuf-shanti
3. We are on local PBS stations (began Aug 1, 2017). [Tell them how much you love Wuf Shanti! :)]
Broward/Palm Beach: https://www.facebook.com/WXELTV42/
4. We opened the Walk for St. Jude Hospital on both coasts, and visited the kids at St. Jude in Memphis. [Updated: To read about our OMazing experience at St. Jude Children’s Hospital: http://wufshanti.com/2017/07/wuf-shanti-visits-st-jude-childrens-hospital/]
5. We are touring Children’s Hospitals across the country. If you are affiliated with a children’s hospital that you would like for us to visit, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Our free mindful Mobile App, Wuf Shanti’s Yoga Fun Machine, which has videos, music, and games, is available for Apple and Android devices and can be downloaded now.
Iphone/Ipad links: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wuf-shanti-yoga-fun-machine/id1296345752?ls=1&mt=8Android/Google Plus links: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wufshanti.yogafunmachine
7. Our 2nd-5th fictional books are being illustrated, and our new coffee table style book for kids, Living in Light with Wuf Shanti: a Yogic-minded Lifestyle for Children, complete with gorgeous full-page pictures of Wuf Shanti doing poses in different countries, descriptions for how to do each pose and meditation, and the health benefits of each, is now available for purchase.
8. Adam Levine of Maroon 5 posted about us on his FB page.
9. We have more than 77K followers on FB.
10. We have been featured in the Miami Herald, Sun-Sentinel, Huffington Post & Thrive Global newspapers.
Please join us by following us on social media, subscribing to our YouTube channel, and spreading the word.
Thank you for your support of our mission to make a difference in the world. In love and gratitude,
Wuf Shanti, Wuf Peace, Wuf Namaste`! 🙂