Top 10 Ways To Relax
Let’s face it, being a soul, having this human experience, can be challenging at times! That is why it is so important to practice relaxation techniques.Check out out list of the top 10 ways to relax! There are a plethora of activities that can bring us a sense of peace and tranquility. Some of them may surprise you, but keep an open mind and heart! Everyone connects with different modalities, but we all need to feel safe and happy, that is a universal connection that we all share!
- Service-when you offer yourself to service you reap the benefits as well. Volunteer at a children’s hospital or nursing home and offer to read to the patients!
- Pets-Animals are little healers and love us unconditionally. Spend time with your pets or with your friend’s pets and soak up their calm and happy energy!
- Coloring- Crayons are not for kids anymore! Bookstores now carry an abundance of adult coloring books with beautiful designs! Color your worries away as you connect with your creative nature!
- Music-There is no doubt that music heals and brings us joy. Whether you choose to sing or simply listen, the healing vibrations of music touch your soul and bring you peace!
- Stars-When the sun goes down and the stars come out, try to find a place with less street lights and gaze up at the sky. Carl Sagan says that we are all made of star dust…maybe he is right! Looking at the night sky soothes the soul!
- Nature-Spending time in nature is one of the best activities that you can do for yourself. Connect with the earth whether you are near the mountains, the oceans, or fields of grass. Mother Nature heals!
- Books-Reading is an amazing way to take a journey without even leaving your home! Find books that inspire you to learn as well as those that take you on adventures!
- Yoga-Did you know that Yoga is scientifically proven to lower your stress levels as well as make your body feel happy? Yoga heals you from the inside out!
- Journal-Writing is an amazing way to express yourself and to recharge. Let your feelings flow out on paper and notice how you feel when you have finished!
- Breathing-Of course you are breathing all day long, but are your breathing with mindfulness? Practice tuning into your breath and breathing deep, long, fully expansive breaths! The results are immediate!