Heal the Planet Day (HTPD) is a wonderful community event put on annually by the non-profit Heal The Planet, a a non-profit in Fort Lauderdale dedicated to teaching kids about healthy choices for themselves and the planet, including nutrition, the environment, mental and physical health, and more. Their SEED (Sustainable Energy EDucation) curriculum has been delivered to 7,000 students. The HTP motto is: Small Act Huge Impact.
HTPD is a fun-filled family friendly annual Earth Day celebration, which offers many experiential learning opportunities as well as school awards, scholarships, live music and community service hours for volunteers. Students can also receive extra credit in participating schools for attending this event.
The Event Included:
- Planet Lover’s Fun Run/Walk – Bring your whole family, scooters, bikes, etc.
- Grow Your Own Zone – Join us to learn about sustainable gardening practices
- Mindful Movement Zone – Come learn about various relaxation techniques to help with stress management;
- Kids Zone – Complete with meaningful and fun art projects, mindful movement for kids, and more.
- Young Planet Leaders Zone – Young people will learn how they can be making a positive difference for the Planet by attending workshops tailored just for them (**Pick up your extra credit passport book at this zone!)
- Great Music, Speakers, Workshops, Healthy Food Choices, and more!
The event was featured in the Sun Sentinel. Read the Article Here.
We were proud to be a sponsor, and honored that Adam was awarded the Young Planet Leader Award for his work in making this planet a better place! Thank you Heal The Planet!
Check out the pics from HTPD2019: