Eagle Pose helps to strengthen the core and legs, and stretch the shoulders and hips. It also helps to get out the negative energy and focus on the positive, to promote inner-peace, calm the mind, relieve stress, and improve digestion, focus, patience, coordination, and balance.
**Remember to practice breathing deep breaths and see if you can hold each pose for 4-5 breaths, if you are comfortable doing so. Make sure to invite your grown-ups to watch you do the pose. You can also practice repeating one of Wuf Shanti’s Mantras while you do the pose because part of yoga is also to clear your mind and think happy thoughts. Most importantly, remember to have fun and be gentle with yourself!
Mantra: Think Well to Be Well.
- Standing in mountain pose, open your arms like wings and wrap your right arm under your left, winding at the elbows and wrists.
- Shift weight into your left leg and gently wrap your right leg around crossing at the knee, and if you are comfortable, at the ankle too.
- Remember to breath slow deep breaths, pick a pretty spot in front of you to focus on, and think happy thoughts.
- Gently unwind the arms and legs and try it on the other side.
- If you would like an easier pose, you can touch opposite shoulders with your arms crossed on the chest, and do not cross at the ankle.