Extended Side Angle Pose
Extended Side Angle Pose helps to relieve stress and strengthen the arms, legs, tummy, and brain.
**Remember to practice breathing deep breaths and see if you can hold each pose for 4-5 breaths, if you are comfortable doing so. Make sure to invite your grown-ups to watch you do the pose. You can also practice repeating one of Wuf Shanti’s Mantras while you do the pose because part of yoga is also to clear your mind and think happy thoughts. Most importantly, remember to have fun and be gentle with yourself!
Mantra: Think Well to Be Well.
- Stand in mountain pose, and then step your feet wide apart.
- Turn your right foot out, keeping your left foot in starting position.
- Bend into the right knee as you stretch your arms wide (Warrior 2), remembering not to extend your knee past your ankle.
- Bend at the hip, and rest your right elbow on your right thigh.
- Stretch your left arm to the sky.
- Repeat on the left side.