Downward Dog Pose
Downward Dog Pose helps energize us and instill calmness, as well as stretches the back, shoulders, side body, and legs.
**Remember to practice breathing deep breaths and see if you can hold each pose for 4-5 breaths, if you are comfortable doing so. Make sure to invite your grown-ups to watch you do the pose. You can also practice repeating one of Wuf Shanti’s Mantras while you do the pose because part of yoga is also to clear your mind and think happy thoughts. Most importantly, remember to have fun and be gentle with yourself!
Mantra: Smile and the world will smile with you.
- Begin in table pose, and tuck your toes.
- Press your hands down, and spread your fingers wide.
- Straighten your legs and lift your hips to the sky.
- Stretch your heart back towards your legs.
- Pretend to be a doggie, bark like Wuf Shanti, and think happy thoughts.