Deer Pose is a great pose to build strength in the spine, ribs, hips, and upper legs. It also promotes releasing negativity, and focusing on the positive.
**Remember to practice breathing deep breaths and see if you can hold each pose for 4-5 breaths, if you are comfortable doing so. Make sure to invite your grown-ups to watch you do the pose. You can also practice repeating one of Wuf Shanti’s Mantras while you do the pose because part of yoga is also to clear your mind and think happy thoughts. Most importantly, remember to have fun and be gentle with yourself!
Mantra: Think Well to Be Well.
- Have a seat, and bring both of your legs to the right side of your body, and bend your knees.
- Reach to the left with both arms for a stretch and a twist and then slowly twist to the right.
- Sit straight up, and inhale, and then twist a little bit more, and exhale.
- Focus on a nice spot in front of you, and think happy thoughts.
- Switch the legs over to the other side and repeat the stretch and twist in both directions.