“Read to me, Mommy,” are some of the sweetest words our children say to us each day. Not only because we get to snuggle and spend quality one-on-one time with our babies, but also because we know that it is a great way to teach them the lessons and morals we find so important in raising loving compassionate well-adjusted kids. Our journey, the Wuf Shanti journey, actually began with a character created by our now 11 year-old son in honor of his great-grandpa. He wanted to carry on the values of positivity, gratitude, kindness, inclusion, and thinking well to the next generation, and hopefully make the world a better nicer place with children that grow up to be happier teenagers and content peace-loving adults. And so Wuf Shanti, our OMazing yoga dog, was born.
During this journey, we have found much joy in reading different fabulous yogic-minded books for children, and we have attempted to spread the word and get these books into as many schools as possible. If you have not had the pleasure of reading these books yet with your children, please do so. You will enjoy it immensely. We want to take this opportunity to publicly thank all of these great authors and illustrators for helping us share with our children about being mindful and thinking like a yogi, for sharing principals of love, peace, gratitude, self-worth, self-confidence, kindness, and positive thinking, and for bringing smiles to our kids’ faces. There is absolutely nothing better than seeing your child smile with joy.
The yoga community is a group which supports each other, believes in each other, and practices the same mission of spreading peace and love. Towards those ends, all of these books are wonderful, and this list is in no particular order. Buy them All today! 🙂
- The ABCs of Yoga for Kids by Teresa Anne Power
- When I feel Worried by Cornelia Maude Spelman
- Good Morning Yoga: A Pose by Pose Wake Up Story by Marium Gates
- Peaceful Piggy Meditation by Kerry Lee Maclean
- What a Wonderful World by Bob Thiele and George David Weiss, sung by Louis Armstrong, Tim Hopgood (book)
- I Think, I Am by Louise Hay and Kristina Tracy
- Garuda, The Eagle Who Soard With Ahimsa, by Ally Ford
- Sprinkle Your Sparkles by Kirsten Tulsian
- A Rainbow of Friends by P.K. Hallinan
- Things that Make Me Happy by Sarah Mazor
- I Am Yoga by Susan Verde
- Anna and her Rainbow Colored Yoga Mats by Giselle Shardlow
- I Believe in Me-A Book of Affirmations by Connie Bowen
- What I See, I Can Be by Janet Williams
- My Grand-Dog Was Yoga Instructor by Wuf Shanti!! [We can’t leave our own book off the list. =) ]
Have fun reading with your kids, and thank you for helping us spread the yogic-mindset of giving gratitude and thinking well.
Wuf Shanti, Wuf Peace, Wuf Namaste`! 🙂