Pigeon Pose is a great pose to promote inner-peace, calm the mind, relieve stress, and practice patience, as well as stretch the spine, hips, and legs.
**Remember to practice breathing deep breaths and see if you can hold each pose for 4-5 breaths, if you are comfortable doing so. Make sure to invite your grown-ups to watch you do the pose. You can also practice repeating one of Wuf Shanti’s Mantras while you do the pose because part of yoga is also to clear your mind and think happy thoughts. Most importantly, remember to have fun and be gentle with yourself!
Mantra: Smile and Say Thank you.
- Begin in table pose. and slide your right knee and shin forward in between your hands.
- Slide your back leg straight behind you.
- Press into your hands into the earth to open your chest to the sky and then gently lower your head down.
- Close your eyes, and take some slow deep breaths, in and out through your nose, and think happy thoughts.
- If you feel more comfortable and would like an easier pose, you can remain upright, instead of lowering your head down, and focus on a pretty spot in front of you, while take slow deep breaths and think happy thoughts.